AGA has consented to a Settlement Amount of $19.75 million to resolve the Actions on behalf of all Defendants, from which impacted Class Members may receive Cash Payments. Filing a claim by January 25, 2024, is the method to be eligible for a Cash Payment under the Settlement.
AGA Class Action Settlement Claim Form
Allegations that Allianz Global Assistance (AGA) illegally imposed an assistance fee on travel and event protection policies sold through airline carriers and event ticket dealers were settled out of court in a $19.75 million class action settlement.
Customers in California and Washington who purchase specific travel and event ticket insurance plans from Allianz stand to gain from the AGA class action settlement.
- SSDI Payment Date for January 2024
- $3600 child tax credit 2024
- $1360 OTB Payment Date 2024
- NJ Anchor Rebate Status
- $2,500 Stimulus
- Stimulus Check 2024
- Where’s My Refund 2024?
As part of their travel or event protection plan(s), class members may receive up to 75% of the assistance expenses they paid, as per the settlement terms. The time at which the plans were purchased will affect the compensation amounts.
Qualifying candidates can only receive the payment if they submit a claim form by the announced deadline of 25 January 2024. Below is the step-by-step process to file a claim for getting payment.
How to file an AGA Class Action Settlement Claim?
Complete the Claim Form available on the Settlement Website or send it by mail to the Settlement Administrator in order to seek a Cash Payment. By January 25, 2024, the form must be submitted online or by post. Fraudulent forms will be deemed invalid and ignored.
- Navigate this website https://assistancefeesettlement.com/ in order to claim the form.
- Here you may find the option “File Claim”, tab on it and read all the guidelines to file a claim.
- Here you need to put your personal information, put your payment method, and attach all the required documents.
- Double-check all your information for verification and submit your form.
- After the court approval, you may receive a physical check at the same address you will provide at the time of claim.
Note: please provide your recent details such as an address, mobile number, email, etc at the time of claiming not to face any query later.
AGA Class Action Settlement Payout
Members of the California class who purchased a plan between September 4, 2016, and July 31, 2019, or members of the Washington class who purchased a plan between April 2, 2018, and April 7, 2020, will receive a 75% refund.
Refunds of 40% will be given to members of the California class who purchase plans between August 1, 2019, and September 30, 2023, or to members of the Washington class between April 8 and September 30, 2020.
Compensation rates for individual plans may vary for claimants who acquired numerous insurance during different periods. Depending on the volume of claims submitted, class members may get up to twice as much money back as they had anticipated.
The lawsuit’s attorneys have requested a portion of the Settlement Amount, up to $205,000, to cover out-of-pocket costs, 25% for legal fees, and $5,000 for each plaintiff. These sums would be deducted from the Settlement Fund if approved.
Who is eligible for AGA Class Action Settlement?
The only requirements are to purchase designated AGA plans and to be a resident of California or Washington during the defined periods. There are no complicated rules regarding the quantity of travel, the carriers that can be employed, or other limitations.
- Any resident of California who, for a trip or event within California, acquired one or more qualifying travel and/or event protection plans between September 4, 2016, and September 30, 2023, is eligible to participate.
- Residents of Washington who bought one or more qualified travel and/or event protection policies for a trip or event inside the state of Washington between April 2, 2018, and September 30, 2023, are considered members of the Washington class.
When Will My Settlement Cash Payment Arrive?
The timely submission of a Claim Form does not ensure a payment in cash. The Final Approval Hearing is set for February 22, 2024, at 2:00 PM Pacific Standard Time.
The Cash Payments will be made within 60 days of the Settlement’s Effective Date if the Court accepts it and no appeals are filed unless the Court orders a different timeline. No Cash Payments will be made if the Settlement is rejected by the Court or is reversed on appeal.
Go to Bscnursing Homepage To get Relevant Topics.