Students receive allowance payments from NSFAS in an effort to support their high-quality education. The NSFAS allowance payment will be given to applicants during the first week of every month, check cycle-wise payment date from the below.
NSFAS Payment Schedule 2024
The NSFAS bursary is awarded by the NSFAS to students from working-class and impoverished backgrounds. NSFAS financing covers more than simply fees; it also gives students NSFAS allowances to cover other educational expenses.
Payment dates for the NSFAS allowance by semester are given below in the table.
|06 February 2024
|06 March 2024
|03 April 2024
|02 May 2024
|05 June 2024 (Monday)
|03 July 2024 (Medical School)
|07 July 2024 (All Other Campuses)
|01 August 2024
|04 September 2024
|02 October 2024
|06 November 2024 (Final payment for 2024
The Department states that “every month installments will be issued at the beginning of every month” for these NSFAS allowance payments, which are made monthly.
NSFAS Payment Dates for TVET Colleges
To help students from low-income families who cannot afford higher education through traditional loans or bank funding, the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) was founded in South Africa in 1996.
The TVET colleges that will receive NSFAS bursaries include Central Johannesburg College, Coastal KZN College, College of Cape Town, and Boland College. The dates given in the above table represent the NSFAS payment dates for TVET colleges. The above table contains all of the payment dates, and other information.
How much do you get from NSFAS?
NSFAS provides housing allowances, food allowances, and stationery benefits to students, get details about the same from below.
- The real expenses incurred by the university for private housing must not be greater than those for on-campus housing.
- Transportation from the educational institution up to 40 kilometers annually at R7 500
- Monthly living allowance of R15,000
- Annual book allowances of R5,200
- An annual personal care stipend of R2900 is provided to students living in catered houses.
- The annual cost of lodging in an urban environment is R24,000.
- The annual cost of lodging in a peri-urban location is R18,900.
- The annual cost of lodging in rural regions is R15,750.
- Transportation for a maximum of forty kilometers from the facility costs R7,350 a year.
- Transport R7,000 annually
- Annual personal care payment of R2,900.
How to apply for NSFAS payments?
You may be able to register yourself online at nsfas.org.za. Follow the guidelines to apply for payments of NSFA.
- Visit www.nsfas.org.za to submit an online application.
- From the menu bar, select “myNSFAS”.
- Apply by logging in with your ID number and password.
- Create a myNSFAS account
- You will find it easier to apply if you know your Student ID number.
- After choosing the APPLY tab, fill out all the required information.
- Upload the required documents.
- The last step is to press the “Submit” button to send your application for consideration.
Eligibility for NSFAS 2024
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Candidates must be a South African citizen.
- It is necessary to enroll in a public university or TVET college because NSFAS does not subsidize private universities.
- You must have received an SASSA award.
- To be eligible, candidates’ household income must not exceed R350 000 per year.
- To be eligible, a disabled person’s family income must not exceed R600,000.
- Applicants must have low-income households with an annual income of less than R122 000 and have started their studies before 2018.
Required documents to apply for NSFAS payment
The list of needed documents is listed below.
- An email address that works and your personal information
- You hold a legitimate ID.
- A copy of your birth certificate
- You must provide proof of both your earnings and the household’s income.
How to check the status of nsfas payments for 2024?
You will be able to check the status of your NSFAS allowance payment by following instructions.
- Visit the NSFAS website at www.nsfas.org.za.
- Locate the MyNSFAS page on the website, then sign in with your username and password.
- Enter the credentials for your myNSFAS account, or register if you don’t already have one.
- You may monitor the progress of your NSFAS 2024 application by choosing the Track Funding Progress or Check your Funding Status link
Go to Bscnursing Homepage.