Sikkim Government Old Pension Scheme in Public Ground on February 9, 2024, during the State Level Temporary Employees’ Convention, the announcement was delivered.
Sikkim Government Old Pension Scheme
The Sikkim Government Old Pension Scheme would be reinstated for state government employees hired on or after April 1, 2006, according to Chief Minister Prem Singh Tamang.
Chief Minister Prem Singh Tamang declared on Friday that state government employees hired on or after April 1, 2006, will once again be eligible for the Old Pension System.
In accordance with the Sikkim services (pension) rules of 1990, which are applicable to government employees appointed on or before March 31, 2006, the state has chosen to reinstate the previous pension scheme for those hired on or after April 1, 2006.
Sikkim Restores Old pension scheme, Regularises Temporary Employees
To allow for eight years of service before regularizing temporary employees, the government changed its earlier notification.
According to the amended section, temporary workers who have been employed continuously for four years or more in a variety of roles such as work-charged, muster roll, ad hoc, and consolidated pay may now be eligible for regularization.
Sikkim has regularized temporary workers under various government projects and those who have served for the state government for four years.
How to apply for Sikkim Old Pension Scheme 2024?
- People can go to the official website to view the benefits of the Old Pension Scheme.
- Additionally, go to the homepage’s Apply Online option.
- Candidates will see a new page where they may fill in the necessary information and attach any necessary paperwork.
- To complete the application procedure, select the Submit option at the end.
Who is eligible to apply for the old pension scheme 2024?
The candidate must be engaged by the government on or after April 1st, 2006, a permanent resident of Sikkim State, and employed by the government in order to be qualified.
Required Documents for Application form of old pension scheme 2024
- Aadhar card
- PAN card
- Voter ID card
- Address Proof
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
Revival of OPS Ensuring Financial Security
- The reintroduction of the OPS is scheduled to benefit personnel appointed on or before March 31, 1990, in accordance with the Sikkim Services Pension Rules, 1990.
- With the state assembly elections coming up, this resurrection is a critical step in guaranteeing the financial security of state government workers.
Welfare Measures of Old Pension Scheme and Inclusivity
- The government has changed the rules pertaining to the regularization of temporary workers as part of larger welfare initiatives.
- The purpose of these modifications is to improve job stability and inclusion, especially for individuals with cognitive disabilities.
- The updated regulations, which demonstrate the government’s commitment to stability and inclusivity, provide options for regularization to workers who have been employed in certain positions consistently for two years or longer.
Stability Through Government Policies in Sikkim
- Changes to government regulations pertaining to temporary workers’ regularization reflect a larger dedication to stability and employment security.
- Regularization may now be taken into consideration for workers who have been employed continuously for four years or longer in a variety of roles, including as work-charged, Muster Roll, Ad Hoc, and Consolidated Pay roles.
- The government’s overriding objective of promoting stability and prosperity in Sikkim is in line with these initiatives, which are intended to give the workforce more security and stability.
OPS Addressing Voter Concerns
- These announcements are timed to coincide with the upcoming state assembly elections, demonstrating the government’s proactive response to citizen concerns.
- The government hopes to improve its relationship with voters and show that it is attentive to their concerns by giving the reinstatement of the OPS first priority and making revisions to regularization procedures.
Amount of old age pension in Sikkim
A pension for old age of ₹ 1500/-per month for those between the ages of 60 and 69. ₹2000/-per month as a pension to senior citizens who are 70 years of age or beyond.
Older adults who have reached the age of 80 years or above are eligible for a pension of ₹2,500 per month.
Benefits of Sikkim Old Pension Scheme
- The Government of Sikkim is allowed to provide a monthly pension to selected individuals who were enrolled in the previous pension Yojana.
- The designated beneficiaries’ bank accounts will receive a direct deposit of the pension money.
- If government workers are not happy with the new pension plan, they can still take use of the benefits of the Old Pension Scheme.
- During the employee’s active service, the pension sum was not deducted from their pay under the prior pension scheme.
Go to Bscnursing Homepage To Get Relevant Content.