India is all set to showcase its traditions, crafts, and culture to the world. President Murmu inaugurated the Surajkund Mela 2024 on February 02, and now it is going to run till 18th of the month. This cultural fair has been a center of attraction for many years among art, craft, and music lovers. Stay tuned to get the detailed information about it.
Surajkund Mela 2024 Dates
The Surajkund Mela is organized & managed by the Haryana Tourism Department, it’s the 37th edition of Surajkund Mela. It began yesterday ( 2nd February 2024), and it will wrap up after 16 days i.e. on the 18th of Feb 2024.
It is taking place in Faridabad, Haryana. The visitors can visit the fair from 10 AM to 7 PM, giving ample time to discover, appreciate, and enjoy the culture and heritage of India.
|Surajkund Mela 2024
|Haryana Tourism Department
|2 Feb-18 Feb, 2024
|10 AM to 7 PM
|2024 Partner Nation
Surajkund Mela 2024 Theme
The mela got its name from the reservoir built in the 10th century by King Suraj Pal of the Tomar dynasty. The government of Haryana celebrates the immense historical heritage of the place and India through this mela, plus it also boosts the tourism sector of the state.
The Mela takes place every year in the second month of the year to showcase every culture of India. Every year it is focused on some particular culture of any state or place of India.
This year the mela is organized around the theme of Gujrat. This is the second time that Gujarat is being focussed on the mela, previously, it was showcased in the 1997 Surajkund Mela. Last year, the fair showcased the cultural heritage of 8 states of the East.
The partner country of the 2024 Mela is Tanzania. Last year, it was the Shanghai Cooperation Organization. Apart from that, this year we can see 20 countries participating in the Mela such as Africa and Europe.
Ticket Price of Surajkund Mela 2024
The organizing party has kept a distinct price for weekdays and weekends. The ticket price is given below:
|Weekdays (Monday – Saturday)
The government has offered some discounts for students. The school and college students by showing their valid student ID can get the ticket at half price for the weekdays.
The government has also offered a discount of 50 % on the ticket price for army personnel, disabled, and senior citizens.
|School or college students
|50% off with valid ID card on weekdays
Where & How to book the ticket for Surajkund Mela 2024?
Now that we have covered the price, venue, date, time, and discounts available for the Surajkund Mela 2024, it’s time to know where you can get the ticket to go and experience this celebration of our tradition and culture.
Follow the below steps to get your ticket to Surajkund Mela 2024:
- Step 1: Go to the “BookMyShow” official website.
- Step 2: Register your mobile number if you are using the site for the first time. If you have already used BookMyShow, then log in to your account on the site.
- Step 3: Now, navigate to the search bar and type Surajkund Mela 2024.
- Step 4: Now, you will see on your screen the 37th Surajkund Crafts Mela 2024. Select that and now proceed forward.
- Step 5: You will see a “book” option on your screen. Click on that and fill in the date and time of your visit to the fair.
- Step 6: Now, continue the process and add the number of persons in the “Add” section of the interface.
- Step 7: After that, press proceed and fill in the asked details.
- Step 8: After submitting the details, you will be moved to your payment gateway. Make the payment.
- Step 9: Once the payment is done, the ticket will be mailed to you by the authorities.
Surajkund Mela has begun and now is the best time to experience the rich culture of India. This year it is expected to attract more than a million tourists from India and all over the globe. So, if you enjoy such events, don’t be behind. Go and embrace the beauty of India.
Go to Bscnursing Homepage To Get Relevant Content.