The Internal Revenue Service is accepting the tax return for the year 2023 from January 29, 2024 onwards, those who e-file will be able to check return status through the ‘Where’s My Refund’ tool, accessible at irs.gov/.
E Filing Refund Status
To check the e-Filing tax return status for the year 2023, an individual may use the ‘Where’s My Refund’ tool or ‘IRS2Go’ mobile application. To do so using any of them it is mandatory to have a Social Security Number, exact refund amount and other required details.
One who files a return electronically for tax year 2023 can check the e-filing status after 24 hours, incase of filing a return for year 2022 or 2021, one has to wait for 3 to 4 days, then the filer may track the refund status through the Internal Revenue Service’s website.
- £800 payment from the DWP
- $3600 child tax credit 2024
- $1360 OTB Payment Date 2024
- NJ Anchor Rebate Status
- $2,500 Stimulus
- Stimulus Check 2024
- Where’s My Refund 2024?
- AGA class action settlement.
To track the e-filing tax return status for tax year 2023, 2022 or 2021, it is mandatory to have valid login credentials, by checking it one may find out whether his or her refund is received, approved, or sent. A link to access the tool to check the filing status is also available above.
How to check the IRS E-File Tax Refund Status?
To check the refund status for e-filing through the ‘Where’s My Refund’ tool and ‘IRS2Go’ mobile application, we have shared the step-by-step instructions below.
Via Where’s My Refund:
- Go to the official website of the Internal Revenue Service, which is accessible at https://irs.gov/.
- On the homepage of the IRS, an individual that reads ‘Get your refund status’ will be visible under the section of ‘How can we help you?’ and tap on it.
- Now, you have a tab of ‘Check your refund’ that will be visible, hit on it and get redirected to another page.
- Enter you Social Security Number, choose tax year as 2023, 2022 or 2021, opt Filing Status as Single, Married-Filing Joint Return, Married-Filing Separate Return, Head of Household or Qualifying Widow(er) / Surviving Spouse, and fill in Refund Amount in $.
- After entering all the required credentials, option the respective options, and hit the Submit button to check that your tax return e-Filing is received, approved, or sent.
Via IRS2Go mobile application:
- Launch Play Store or App Store for your Android or iOS device, respectively, and download the IRS2Go application.
- Following the download and installation, open the application.
- Now, you have to provide all the details and choose the required option (as mentioned in the first method), and then hit the Get Status button to check the e-filing status of the tax return.
What are the meanings of different stages of IRS E-File Status?
If your tax return refund status, shows as Received, it means that it is yet to be reviewed by IRS; if status shows as Approved, that means the refund amount will be released via opted payment method in next 7 to 10 days or even prior; and if you come to know that you refund is Sent, it means, you already have got your check or direct deposit.
How much time does it take to get a refund after e-Filing?
As per Internal Revenue Service, an individual who files a refund electronically in initial stage and opts for the payment method as direct deposit gets their refund most probably within 21 days, and in case of filing by the end of February or in March 2024, one may have to wait more 5 to 7 days to get their tax return for year 2023.
Taxpayers who file tax returns electronically and claim Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) are likely to receive their tax returns by February 27, 2024 (in case of filing in initial stage), whether he or she will have opted the payment method as Direct Deposit or on-Paper.
Visit Bscnursing Homepage To Get Relevant Topics.